Monday, November 5, 2007

He's doing okay. When I saw him, he was kind of tired and his speech was slurred. They're starting him on pureed tomorrow. He sat in a regular wheelchair today with his head up. Well, that's it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kirsten, I just want to say thank you so much for organizing and keeping up with the blog for your papa. I have been checking it I went up to the nursing home and spent the afternoon with your nana and papa. Then the Jones came and brought your Uncle Larry from the bus station. It was wonderful visiting wtih everyone - including your papa! His voice was strong and he still has his cute sense of humor. I think we did tire him out though. He had his therapy sessions too. So it was a busy afternoon for him. I was sitting in a chair across the room when I first got there and he raised his left hand (the one the doctor said he would not be able to use again?) and papa waved at me - nana asked what he was doing and he said "waving at Marie". God is so good! a couple of times a day at work.I just wanted you to know what a blessing you are to everyone. I am sure I do not have to tell you how proud your nana and papa are of you (and the whole family)! Please let me know if I can help with anything - the move, meals doing the transition time between here and there. I will do whatever I can. am still praying for your papa and the Mancini/White families everyday. Your family is truely amazing people! We love you all,
Marie and John Schneider, Endicott Church of the Nazarene
God Bless You! Please keep in touch with us.

Anonymous said...

hi kirstin,
want you to know it is amazing what our God is doing in the life of your grampa. we visited last night and each time we do we are blessed to watch God at work. we love you all and are still praying each day not only for grampa and nana but your family also. will keep in touch and if there is anything we can do to help in anyway please let us know. love ya. dj and bill

Anonymous said...

Wednesday Night- 9:57pm

Just got off the phone with Nanny.

Poppa ate meatloaf and mashed potatoes today and drank some lemonade! The miracles continue!

We have so much to give thanks for this Thanksgiving!

Thank You God!

Anonymous said...

Larry
It's great to hearthat you are improving I have read some of the things your family wrote to you. from what I can see they all think a lot of you. We'll be praying for you Clifford and Ann

Anonymous said...

Sounds like turkey and stuffing by Thanksgiving to me! God is so good ... still praying for you all!! Pam

Larry said...

I agree Pam. Today he had cauliflower and ham and potatoes. He told my Mom that it tasted so good.

Thanks so much for praying. One good thing among many that has come out of this is being in touch more often with people who are sharing the journey to heaven with us!

Joy in the difficulties of life- sounds like a sermon to me!


At our Favorite Camp

At our Favorite Camp

The Family Griller

The Family Griller

Papa's Famous Tractor Rides.

Papa's Famous Tractor Rides.

The Singing Family Tradition

The Singing Family Tradition